10.29.2012

Week 14

Total Miles: 41

Back to some hard miles before Kenneth Hahn in two weeks

Thursday, 11/1: 6 miles in the morning.  Got back to late in the pm for another run.

Wednesday, 10/31: Easy run, didn't have it in me to run for 45 minutes.  3 miles

Tuesday, 10/30: Couldn't make it out to the team track workout for a multitude of reasons (hopefully this doesn't by any means become a habit since I truly feel that these group sessions are an integral piece of my future improvement).  Got the workout from coach to do 10 (misheard 8) 400's.  Unfortunately, I the gates at Hamilton high school were predictably locked.  Resourcefully, I picked a starting point and ran at a medium hard pace for 70 seconds and decided that was 400 m (later i measured it to about 375 m on google maps).  Proceeded to do eight reps with 90 seconds rest, running back and forth between the same start and end points (70, 68, 68, 66, 65, 63,62,60).  Felt really good for the first 4 or 5, started to feel some tightening on the last 4.  About 5 miles including warm up and cool down.

Monday, 10/29: Monday morning run to the tar pits and home.  Went quicker than normal, felt fine.

Sunday, 10/28: LSD.  Ran over to Kenneth Hahn, entering on la Brea.  Jogged around the park and carefully exited on la Cienega, running along jefferson to Duquense and back home.  12 miles

Saturday, 10/27: Twilight's Last Gleaming race in Ventura.  The course was very hilly.  First mile was flat/slightly downhill for about 400 m followed by straight up the rest of the way, ~7:08.  The second mile flattened out a little.  I took the next two hills (the finger and the wall) easy and opened up my stride as I got halfway up wall to where it started to level out.  From the there the last two miles of the course were flat and rolling downhill.  Maintained my position throughout the last 2.5 miles.  Felt really strong and that I had a lot of energy left over at the end of the race. 8 miles

No comments: