10.14.2012

Week 12

Total Mileage:46

Hold it together for one more week of heavy distance speed/interval training.

Friday, 10/19:  Legs still hurting a bit and short on time, 3 miles.

Thursday, 10/18: A.m. run, legs were tight, only 4 miles.  No p.m. run

Wednesday, 10/17: Early morning run, nice and easy 6+ miles.  Legs feel tired.  Weight: 155

Tuesday, 10/16: Ladder track workout: 4-8-12-16-16-12-8-4.  Tried to start at about 80's and go from there.  79, 2:38, 3:52, 5:15, 5:25, 4:03, 2:33, 64.  Began to feel like shit after the first 1600 and really fell apart after 800 of the 2nd 1600.  For the 1200 I just tried to hold on and run even splits. Kicked back in with the speed for the last 800 and 400.  Felt strong finishing.  8 miles including warmup and cool down, plus core and plyos.

Monday. 10/15: 6+ a.m. run.  Felt a lot better than yesterday, I think I managed to work all the soreness out of my legs after the mild dehydration, kept the pace super cool today going mid to high 7's for most of the run. Stretched afterwards, weight: 155

Sunday, 10/14: Long (~10 miles) run along old dirt(y) Mulholland dr. with the guys.  Felt really awful today: had to shit most of the run and got dehyrated for the last mile or two (came back one sock less). This was by far the most painful run I've had since starting training again.  Why?  After yesterdays workout I immediately left my apt. and biked to see the shuttle on Crenshaw, walked around there a lot, biked back.  I also don't think I ate enough yesterday to recover and prepare myself for this morning and I drank a bottle of wine last night.  Lastly, having to go for most of the run added to everything.  I don't feel that any of these things individually would have made life that bad, but together they were the perfect storm.  Weight: 155

Saturday, 10/13: Mile repeats with 2 minutes rest in Johnny Carson Park with Dylan, Jon, Aaron, and Rod Dixon out to watch us with Coach.  These felt pretty good and  even (5:23, 22, 21, 25, 35, 25).  My splits were fairly similar going around 83 for the small loop and coming through at about 3:23 for the first big loop.  The fifth interval the extra ten seconds was all in the last big loop and for the last interval, the second big loop was about 5 seconds faster than the others. Warm-up and Cool down.  Didn't feel any unnecessary pain or soreness in the legs today.

No comments: