9.17.2012

8th week

Mileage: 25.7

Get ready for my race on Saturday.

Thursday, 9/20: 3.0 miles.  Chill shake out.

Wednesday, 9/19: 7.2 miles. Ran along ballona creek path to overland and up to veteran park. Did 4x200 at 35, 34, 31, 31.  These felt rather exhausting for the speed.  Maybe it was trying to go fast on grass in flats, or maybe i'm just slow. Whatever.  Jogged home.

Tuesday, 9/18: 6.9 miles.  Felt ok, didn't take it too hard.

Monday, 9/17: 4.4 miles to cheviot hills park.  [Mistakenly?] decided to do my first workout.  Okay, maybe it wasn't a mistake, but it did really hurt as its the first speed workout I've done of any sort in over four years.  At the park I decided to do 3 +/- 1 loops around the 1.1 mile perimeter at a pace of 5:30 (6:03 for the loop) with 2:00 minutes rest.  I haven't done any thing in a while so I didn't really remember what kind of workout to start with.  My first half mile or so was definitely way too fast, near Slowed down, partially not by choice, and finished the first one in 6:09.  Debated if I was gonna do the second one or not, given the pain.  Did anyways.  Started out at a much more modest pace and just tried to keep going.  About 2/3 through, I felt like I was gonna vomit.  Held it in and finished in 6:08.  Didn't do a third one.  Jogged home.  Feel absolutely dead fucken tired tonight.

Sunday, 9/16: 2 miles .  Felt really dead and legs felt heavy.

No comments: